At Flamborough Primary School, we believe in the importance of education for the development of the whole child. Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE) and Citizenship help to give pupils the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to lead confident, healthy, independent lives and to become informed, active and responsible citizens in modern Britain. PSHE contributes significantly across the whole curriculum to our responsibility to help prepare our pupils for the opportunities and challenges of life.
PSHE is central to the development of the pupils in our school. We aim to help them learn to recognise their own worth, work well with others and become increasingly responsible for their own learning. PSHE is concerned with the emotional health, well being and welfare of the pupils in our school. PSHE enables pupils to become effective learners and supports them as they move from primary to secondary education to become independent young people and effective citizens.
In PSHCE Flamborough School aims to provide opportunities for pupils to:
- develop their personal, social and life skills;
- acquire knowledge and understanding of important issues that may affect their lives and the lives of others;
- reflect on their experiences and learn from them;
- develop their own attitudes and values;
- engage in active participation in the school and local community;
- value themselves and respect others;
- participate actively in our democracy;
- appreciate difference and diversity;
- safeguard the environment;
- develop their skills of enquiry and communication;
- encourage reflection about beliefs, choices and values;
- promote a healthy and safe lifestyle;
- provide opportunites, responsibilites and experiences that will prepare pupils for the adult world;
- make the most of their potential.